In 1888 a railroad switch was made which was the beginning of the community that we know as Lacassine. In 1901 the first store was opened and it was here that the post office was established. The community was known as Rice for about 20 years, and then changed to Lacassine. Residents slowly began appearing along the trails. Cotton and rice were the main agricultural crops being raised in the area.
The first school was built in the community in 1907 approximately one and one-half miles south of the railroad switch. Since this time, the community has supported new construction and improvements. Bond elections were held in 1914, 1936, 1950, 1966, 1985 and 2000 for the betterment of our school and its curriculum and all passed very easily.
Today, our school excels in many areas. Our students excel on the local, parish, state and national level through participation in the various clubs and activities, co curricular and extracurricular. The school offers a wide range of curriculum with its experienced and knowledgeable staff. Many of our graduates are leaders in their various professions throughout the area, state and nation.
Without the support of our community, our school would not exist today. Please help us to continue having the "BEST STUDENTS, BEST STAFF, AND BEST SCHOOL" by continuing your community support.